Tim Shay – Highly Rated Injury Lawyer in Springfield and Decatur, IL
“I love the practice of law. Every day brings a new case, a new client who needs my help. Every case is different, but I treat each case as if it were my most important – because, to my client, it is.”
A Passion for the Law
Tim Shay has been a lawyer for over 30 years and says his passion for the law is unwavering. Tim has earned a well-deserved reputation for being a tenacious fighter for victims of injuries. Not one to back down, he fights to get his clients the medical care and compensation they deserve.
Tim Shay graduated from the University of Illinois with a BS Degree in Commerce and Business Administration in 1983 and from the University of Missouri with his Juris Doctorate in 1986. He is licensed to practice law in the States of Illinois and Missouri and in all Districts of the Illinois Federal Courts.
Tim has devoted his over thirty years of practice as a lawyer to clients who have suffered injuries due to the fault of others and while at work. When you meet Tim, his passion for the practice of law, and more particularly, litigation, is obvious.
Tim has earned the well-deserved reputation of being a tenacious fighter for victims of injuries and never one to back down. Tim has been recognized by his peers with the highest rating of competency and ethics and takes pride in his dogged pursuit to obtain the highest compensation for his clients (see Success Record).
Tim’s litigation practice concentrates exclusively on medical malpractice, personal injury, product liability, workers’ compensation claims, and premises liability claims.
Email: [email protected]
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Illinois, 1986
- Missouri, 1987
- Federal Court, 1987
- 100 percent of our practice is devoted to litigation.
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri, 1986 – Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois 1983 – Bachelor of Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, 1985 – Present: Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 1988 – Present: Member
- Missouri Bar Association, 1987 – Present: Member
- Decatur Bar Association, 1992 – Present: Member
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE) Faculty since 1992, Teaching Yearly Workers’ Compensation Seminar, 1992 – Present: Member
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated Lawyer
- Leading Lawyer
Pro Bono Activities
- Decatur Bar Association, Land of Lincoln Pro Bono Program, 1996 – Present