Identifying Negligent Parties In Medical Malpractice Claims
If you or someone close to you has suffered due to medical malpractice, you likely have many questions. One of the most vexing questions for those who have been wronged is this: Who is responsible?
In some cases, the answer is clear cut. In others, a clear picture only arrives after an intensive investigation has been conducted. At Shay & Associates Law Firm, we have been handling complex medical malpractice cases since 1992. Our attorneys have the experience and investigative skills to identify all liable parties. With law offices in Decatur and Springfield, we handle medical negligence claims for people throughout Illinois.
Who Is To Blame?
Medical professionals are humans and make mistakes like everyone else. When they are negligent in their duties, however, innocent patients may suffer or even lose their lives. Some of the most common cases of medical negligence occur due to mistakes by medical professionals such as:
- Doctors: Physician negligence takes many forms, from surgeons nicking vital organs, to general practitioners failing to recognize warning signs of cancer.
- Nurses: Nursing errors include failures in communication, charting errors and mistakes while dispensing medication.
- Anesthesiologists: Maintaining the right level of anesthesia during surgery is a delicate balance. When anesthesiologists fail in their duties, patients may suffer severe pain and trauma or even wrongful death.
- Hospitals: Oftentimes, the hospital itself plays a role in a medical negligence case. When a hospital fails to implement necessary protocols, maintain a safe and sterile environment, or provide adequate staffing, or commits other lapses, it places patients at risk.
- ER staff: in the fast-paced environment of an emergency room, mistakes are unavoidable. However, when staff members fail to provide an acceptable standard of care, it is nonetheless a case of medical negligence.
Our attorneys have the skill and experience to identify all liable parties in a medical negligence claim. This helps us secure full and fair compensation for those who have suffered.
Reach Out To An Attorney Who Can Help
It is a complex task to uncover the underlying causes of medical mistakes. We are here to take the legal burden off of your shoulders so that you can focus on recovery. To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Illinois medical malpractice attorney, contact our law offices at 217-619-8191 in Decatur or 217-481-9690 in Springfield or by contacting us online.