Graham Ogilvy – Accident Lawyer in Springfield and Decatur, IL
“My role is to act as a guide through the legal process and to advocate for our clients. Our clients have been injured and need help dealing with employers and insurance companies, and need help navigating the legal system. After suffering an injury, it can seem like no one is on your side, and so it is my goal to provide clarity and to fight for my clients so they can move forward with their lives.”
Graham first became interested in becoming a lawyer while studying history and philosophy in college at the University of Michigan. Graham enjoyed research and writing, and after taking a class on the foundations of our legal system, decided to apply these skills toward helping people by becoming a lawyer.
While attending law school, Graham was published in the school’s Journal of International Business and Law and served as a Senior Editor for Articles with the Journal. Graham practiced foreclosure law in Decatur, Illinois for four years prior to joining Shay and Associates Law Firm.
Graham plays the snare drum with the St. Andrews Society of Central Illinois Pipes and Drums, a bagpipe band based in Springfield, Illinois.
Email: [email protected]
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Illinois, 2012
- Hofstra University School of Law, Juris Doctor 2010
- Honors: Senior Editor for articles, Journal of International Business and Law
- University of Michigan, BA in History, minor in Philosophy 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2012 – Present: Member
- Decatur Bar Association, 2012 – Present: Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2016 – Present: Member