ATTORNEY AT LAW
While in law school, Jacob clerked for the Illinois Office of the Attorney General in Urbana, and for a plaintiff's civil litigation firm in Belleville. He was President of the Student Bar Association for two years and was a Student Editor/Contributor for both the Southern Illinois University Law Journal and American College of Legal Medicine's Journal of Legal Medicine. Jacob also won a Regional Championship during the 2019 ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition as a member of a National Top 24 Team. Subsequently, he was admitted to The Order of the Barristers for demonstrating exceptional skill in trial advocacy, oral advocacy, and legal writing.
Prior to joining Shay & Associates Law Firm in 2021, Jacob worked as an associate attorney for a civil defense firm in Springfield. Jacob is eager and excited to apply his experience in civil litigation, as well as his skill in trial and oral advocacy, to his position at Shay & Associates in order to obtain the best possible results for his clients.
In his free time, Jacob is a local musician, enjoys tabletop games, and spending time with his family.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
- Juris Doctor - 2019
- Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois
- B.A. - 2013
- Major: History
- Illinois, 2019
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2020
- Individuals injured in motor vehicle accidents
- Individuals who have experienced medical malpractice
- Individuals injured in the workplace
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2020 to Present
- Decatur Bar Association, Member, 2020 to Present
- Springfield Bar Association, Member, 2020 to Present
Current Employment Position