ATTORNEY AT LAW
Tim Shay graduated from the University of Illinois with a BS Degree in Commerce and Business Administration in 1983 and from the University of Missouri with his Juris Doctorate in 1986. He is licensed to practice law in the States of Illinois and Missouri and in all Districts of the Illinois Federal Courts.
Tim has devoted his over thirty years of practice as a lawyer to clients who have suffered injuries due to the fault of others and while at work. When you meet Tim, his passion for the practice of law, and more particularly, litigation, is obvious.
Tim has earned the well-deserved reputation of being a tenacious fighter for victims of injuries and never one to back down. Tim's litigation success and competency in the fields of personal injury, medical malpractice and workers' compensation has been recognized by attorneys who frequently refer clients to Tim. Tim's clients know they will get an honest assessment of their case from the very first meeting to prevent unnecessary surprises throughout the litigation process.
Tim has been recognized as one of the leading attorneys in the country. He has also achieved the highest rating, AV Pre-eminent, in the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings. The AV rating is a compilation of ratings from attorneys and the judiciary. This rating is considered to be an objective indicator of a lawyer's high ethical standards and professional ability. Tim has further received the award of a Leading Lawyer in the country meaning he is among the nation's top lawyers based upon a survey of his peers. Tim is also one of the nation's Super Lawyers. Most recently, Tim became a diplomate of the National Board of Trial Advocacy. This recognition involved intense screening and the passing of an exam that tested Tim's knowledge and competency in Civil Practice Litigation. (see Success Record).
Tim has given back to the legal community by his countless hours as a faculty member for the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, teaching other attorneys in the State of Illinois. The topics that Tim has lectured on throughout the state include personal injury litigation, medical malpractice litigation and workers' compensation law. Tim has also devoted a considerable amount of his time and efforts with lecturing lawyers about medical issues that play a core role in successfully litigating civil injury claims. Tim has also been recognized by his peers as a referral source for complex litigation claims involving personal injury and medical malpractice matters. A simple Google review will further verify the hard work, dedication and unmatched results that Tim has given for his clients. You can rest assured that Tim will provide you competent representation for your case.
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1986
- University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- Bachelor of Science - 1983
- Major: Business Administration
- Illinois, 1986
- Missouri, 1986
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1987
- Leading Lawyer
- AV Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
Classes & Seminars
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member & Speaker in areas of civil litigation, 1988 to Present
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Member & Faculty Speaker in areas of civil litigation and workers’ compensation, 1992 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Federal Practice Seminar, 2019
- Decatur Bar Association, Land of Lincoln Pro Bono Program, 1996 to Present
- Individuals injured from negligence of others
- Victims of medical malpractice
- Individuals injured in the workplace
- Injuries due to faulty products
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Delta Phi
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 1985 to Present
- Missouri Bar Association, Member, 1987 to Present
- Decatur Bar Association, Member, 1992 to Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member & Speaker in areas of civil litigation, Member, 1988 to Present
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Member & Faculty Speaker in areas of civil litigation and workers’ compensation, Member, 1992 to Present
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Member, 2019 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner